I know, I know, I am a bit late with this idea, but I’ve had so much craziness going on, I haven’t had time to type it up and you don’t want to have to try and read my handwritten list of these ideas!
I absolutely hate to waste a vacation day and since I tend to hoard my days until the end of the year, I have a couple to take this month. I wanted to come up with some ideas of activities I could do with my husband, family or friends on those days. Most of these I’ve done at various times of my life, but listing them all out in one place makes it easy to pick one when the mood strikes and helps me remember to celebrate the season! Plus, I figure listing them all out, will make it way more likely my husband will pick one he wants to do!
If unlike my husband, you like to do things on the spur of the moment, you could write them each on a slip of paper and pull one out of a jar for a spontaneous outing! Since I got such a late start, I am only listing ten, but if you have more ideas, let me know in the comments!
Christmas Bucket List
- Make an ornament
- Take a drive to look at Christmas lights and be sure to pick up hot chocolate on the way!
- Hold a Christmas movie marathon in your pajamas (Here’s a list of my fave grown up ones)
- Make fudge or rock candy
- Donate toys to a local toy drive or buy for a family in need
- Host a cookie party where everyone goes home with a dozen of each guests special favorites
- Cut paper snowflakes out
- Go see the Nutcracker
- Make cinnamon rolls for breakfast and fight over the one with the most icing
- Figure out your New Year’s plans ahead of time